There are things that teleport me into a great – Pollyanna – mood in an instant – and there are others that have the power to kick me out of a feeling-good place, just as fast.
When it comes to movies, I prefer those that make me laugh – to those that make me sad.
A little while ago I was living one of those days when I couldn’t seem to crawl out of the blue funk – until I stumbled across an old version of Pollyanna movie from 1960. It’s not like I haven’t seen it before – but at that moment it was just what I needed the most – and it cheered me up in such an energizing way that I decided to build a Squidoo lens about it.
So I finally finished it a few hours ago – after collecting some interesting facts about Pollyanna (books and film/TV adaptations) in general – and including an entire version of the Polyanna movie from 1960, produced by Disney studios – and published it at:
If you’re ever looking for something to cheer you up, you’re more than welcome to visit – as many times as you wish. It really Does feel good being pollyannaish sometimes! 🙂
Photo above is from the 1923 release of Pollyanna movie, starring Mary Pickford (April 8, 1892 – May 29, 1979), an Oscar-winning Canadian motion picture star and co-founder of United Artists in 1919.
- When times get tough (dariasworld.info)
- Blond GUY joke (dariasworld.info)
- My own movie marathon (dariasworld.info)
- New blooms for cheerful morning (dariasworld.info)
- Harry Potter movie at the IMAX Dome Theater (dariasworld.info)
- Positive pollyannas more frustrated by unmet expectations (bps-occupational-digest.blogspot.com)